The Narrative Contemporary Craft and Art Fair is running alongside Cornwall College’s open day and the Green and Whitegold Festival in St Austell town centre: they’ll be so much to see and do, with a free bus service to take you up and down the hill.
Join local makers and artists to see what they’ve been making over lockdown, have a go at making, printing or painting yourself with affordable taster workshops, enjoy cream teas, lolling on the lawn looking at the sea, and just make the most of a creative day out again…
The Narrative Fair is being careful with spacing and social distancing measures, and there’s plenty of things going on outside: we want everyone to feel welcome and safe and join us for a day of making, painting and seeing high quality contemporary craft work and art. Here’s what’s happening:
- 30 talented local makers and artists available to talk to and sell their work in the a-level centre
- Hour-long, bookable craft skills and art taster workshops for £5 or £10 each
- Drawing Room: as part of the Big Draw festival, join us just to draw, anything you like on a big banner that we’ll share after the event
- Narrative Art Club: Grayson Perry Style exhibition: submit your art to firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the inclusive exhibition, theme is ‘Tales From the Bay’, chance to win cash prizes, glass trophy and art supplies
- Free craft workshops for teenagers, outside on the lawn with School of Make from 11am to 2pm
- Outdoor cooking on the fire with Nik from Curious School of the Wild
- Plant stall: get veg and flowerplants for your garden from Stu, a local producer
- Homemade cakes and cream teas: have a picnic on a blanket on the lawn and enjoy the sea views…
- #whatimadetoday prize: tag us on Instagram with what you made at the fair for a chance to win a craft hamper and be in our online gallery!
There’s loads of space for kids to run around and play, free parking, plenty of toilets and disabled access. They’ll be dance, food and music demos from the college courses too so it promises to be a fun day out, where everyone is welcome to join in and enjoy making and art…see you there!
10.30 Potato printing with local illustrator Sally Atkins £5
11.30 Silver Stacker ring with jeweller Suzanne Barr £10
12.30 Expressive paint techniques with artist Karen McEndoo £10
1.30 Felted pictures with Sarah Crack £10
2.30 Beach finds wirework jewellery with Sarah Drew £5
Just go to our Narrative Fair Eventbrite page to book in advance: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/narrative-fair-workshops-tickets-153344933825
Check out the facebook page for more details and how to submit your artwork for the Narrative Art Club: https://www.facebook.com/narrativefair
Follow the Narrative Fair on Instagram for sneak peaks of makers collections and things that are going on: https://www.instagram.com/narrativefair/