St Austell Town App
Beautiful St Austell Bay is home to Cornwall’s largest town and is ideally situated as the perfect base from which to explore the whole county . The Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan are only minutes away, as are Mevagissey Fowey and the world heritage site Charlestown, the home of Poldark .
A mixture of independent shops and places to eat and drink during the day and evening are spread throughout the town centre, a multi screen cinema and a warm welcome awaits you ! This app will help you make the most of St Austell.
- Browse the local news feed and stay up-to-date with what’s happening in Cornwall .
- Discover things to do in St Austell with ‘What’s On’ local events.
- Explore places of interest near you and easily access directions .
- Search for restaurants, shops, services and local attractions.
- Discover great deals offered by your favourite local business.
- Look up addresses, phone numbers and websites or call a local business directly from the app .
- Change temperature and distance settings to suit your personal preference – Imperial or Metric.
- Plan your trip with a 7 day St Austell weather forecast .
Clay Trails App
The landscape surrounding St Austell and its neighbouring villages in mid Cornwall is filled with china clay tips, pits, engine houses and waterways, the carriers of the stories from 250 years of china clay mining. Its dramatic scenery and a fascinating area to explore.
The area has been made more accessible by the development of a network of trails for walking, cycling and horse riding. These trails, and encouraging their greater use, was the focus for a project between Sensory Trust and Eden Project.
In collaboration with Eden Project, Sensory Trust developed a new website, map and leaflets promoting the Clay Trails. Involement from the local community and businesses were key to the project’s sucess and the legacy of the project lives on through the Clay Trails partnership.
The Clay Tales app is a story walk based on the trails that criss cross the china clay landscape around St Austell, Cornwall, England. The app explores the landscape, community and industrial heritage of the area using the stories of local people and the poems of Jack Clemo. We have gathered tales from people who have lived and worked in the area and who have kindly shared what life has been like and what the clay industry has meant to them.
How to access the app
Just click on the button below to download the Clay Tales app from the Play store.